Web Design Process
Creating a website and the process which is included during creating and designing a website is called the web design process
A website consists of many different parts, and there is a lot of consideration which goes into every part, so at Digital Website design our process ensures that a client’s initial idea grows into a successful website with a strong web presence. Although all websites are different we usually apply six general steps when engaging in the web design process:
Design and Development Process
- Research: The research stage of a new website begins when a client approaches a web design company with a request for a new website. The initial meeting allows the design company to analyse what the requirements of the website are, determining the intended audience and what the best website solution is for the clients needs. A design brief is then made, from the gathered information.
- Plan: Once all the necessary research has been conducted, including discovering what the goals of the website are we then start analysing content and keywords which are associated with your business. This task is key critical in a website having a good search engine ranking or not. Once we have got an extensive keyword analysis list it is time to put together a site map for the web design. A site map is a visual representation of the structure of the web design.
- Design: With the web page design structure in place, it is possible to begin considering the appearance and feel of the website through storyboards and wireframes. This stage requires frequent consultation between the web page designer and client so as to achieve a web page design that pleases everyone. Analysing the clients target audience is very important during the design phase.
- Development: The website design is now transformed from a design to a functional website. The home page structure is formed first so we can create the navigational shell for all other pages. Once this has been created, content is distributed to the pages of the web design. Other elements such as interactive features, online forms and shopping carts are also implemented at this stage.
- Testing and Launch: Before a website can be launched it is fully tested for compatibility on different browsers/hardware and W3C compliant. The functionality of navigation and interactive content is tested to ensure the website runs smoothly. Once tests are completed the website will be uploaded to a server and made viewable to the public.
- Maintenance and Data Entry
- Maintenance: Once the website is up and running it must be maintained to ensure it attracts viewers and achieves its objectives. Updated content and Web Marketing is the best way to encourage repeated views to your site. This can be done through an inbuilt Content Management Systems or our paid update service.
- Data Entry: Data entry is an essential part of the main web build and post build process. We will always endevour to populate sites with all essential information and images. Where there is a content management system as part of the deliverable clients are expected to upload the majority of content post the design and development build unless a data entry plan has been put in place.